Jerusalem periphery, northeast of Mikhmas adjacent to Road 458
The Jahalin families originally came from Tel ‘Arad in the Negev and were displaced during the 1948 war. They found refuge in Masafar Yatta prior to the 1967 war. At the request of the landowners, they left that territory and came to Khan al-Ahmar area in search of pastureland. About ten years ago, they settled in the lands of Mikhmas, where they have been residing ever since.